The Rotaract Club of Birmingham is the premier young professional organization in Birmingham, Alabama, where up-and-coming civic leaders gather and work together to fulfill the Club’s motto of Learn, Socialize, and Serve. If you are a young professional in Birmingham who desires leadership development while improving your community and networking with others, we invite you to apply for membership.
Why Should I Join?
- Network and befriend an amazing group of leaders in the Birmingham community
- Learn about the many things going on in Birmingham civically, economically, and socially through our guest speakers and professional development series
- Visit the newest and best bars/restaurants in Birmingham and receive exclusive sneak peeks and discounts
- Serve the future leaders of Birmingham through our Signature Service Programs, Ready to Read and Ready to Succeed
- Apply for our Leadership Development Program – a 16-week immersive experience that will also engage you with Rotary leaders in the Birmingham community
- Apply for our Board Fellows program that will give you an insider look at local non-profits and how each board functions
- Receive discounts and memberships to many of the local favorites, such as the Birmingham Art Museum
There are several additional reasons why Rotaractors choose to be part of this great organization and continue putting service above self! Interested in coming to an upcoming event or lunch? Review our Event Calendar here and register OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rotaract Club of Birmingham looks for young professionals who are currently involved or looking to get involved in Birmingham. In addition to the requirements listed below, we look for people who have a passion for service, have held leadership positions in the past, and are interested in continuing to grow their local engagement and professionally develop all while having fun with 300+ members! Below are our minimum requirements:
- Be 35 years of age or younger
- Attend one learn event (includes a Rotaract lunch or PDS event)
- Attend one social event (includes a pop-up social, monthly social or Foundation Ball)
- Attend one service event (includes a monthly or signature service project)
- Obtain one letter of endorsement from a current member of the Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- Obtain one letter of endorsement from a current member of any Rotary Club (non-family member is strongly preferred)
- Obtain three references from current Rotaract members
- Complete an online membership application (please note, the online application will open one month prior to the application deadline and will not be accessible until said time)
Applications will be considered once all items, including both endorsements, are received by the Vice President of Membership Recruitment by the due date. The three application deadlines are October 1st, February 1st, and June 1st. Once applications are received and reviewed by the Vice President of Membership Recruitment, a committee will review your application to ensure that you are a good fit for Rotaract. Please note, this is a competitive process and we look for the brightest and best currently living and serving in the Birmingham community! If you believe your schedule does not allow you to meet the learn/socialize/serve event requirements before the application deadline or you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com. Still not sure if Rotaract is for you? Feel free to reference our FAQs here!